Senior / Lead Android Mobile App Developer
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Swipe & Tap is looking for a Senior/Lead Android Mobile Developer to join our Leicestershire based team. This is a dynamic role, for an individual positive in attitude, full of energy and new ideas. This is a great opportunity for a candidate who is looking to make a difference and loves to engage with other developers, designers and clients.
Swipe & Tap is a leading mobile app development agency based in Leicester and part of the Boomworks Group, together with Brand Clear and Masters Allen. We specialise in creating bespoke native mobile app solutions for our clients, which help improve business processes and raise brand awareness. We also work on various Tech Startup projects, providing opportunities to learn new frameworks and technologies in a dynamic and collaborative environment. We are a multi discipline agency who truly believe in native apps, so our team also consists of Android App Developers, iOS Developers and also Web Developers who help build API’s and complex backend systems for our clients.
You are a dynamic, self-motivated Android Developer with experience working in a fast-paced agency environment. You are comfortable with making decisions, communicating requirements, mentoring where necessary and collaborative sharing. You will have a desire to take on a role which will give you responsibility and scope to grow.
In return, you will be rewarded with a diverse working environment where ideas, collaboration, enthusiasm and improvement are fundamental to our values.
In this role you will:
- Design and develop advance app features for the Android platform
- Mentor and support the growth of junior and mid-level developers within the team
- Work closely with project management, helping translate customer requirements into technical specifications
- Advise and implement best practices such as CI / Automated build deployments
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiencies
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release & support)
- Share knowledge and seek out new opportunities to learn new technologies
- Collaborate with the team to ensure the client’s requirements are met
- Help maintain code quality standards
- Maintain and develop in-house projects as needs are identified
- Native Android commercial development experience
- Knowledge of Java & Kotlin
- Experience with networking libraries (Rest, Retrofit, GraphQL)
- Understanding of architectural design such as MVVM, ViewModel & LiveData
- Experience and knowledge in refactoring legacy code
- Understanding of Google’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Writing clean code using unit & feature testing techniques
- Proactive automation of common tasks to free up time
- Experience working with Restful API’s
- Code reviews to assist in the advancement of other team members
- Group planning & estimation experience
- Well versed with app store deployment, code signing and release management
- App database experience
- Experience with Bluetooth, IoT, Video recording & web sockets
- Experience of developing offline apps which sync to an API
- Working with software such as Jira, ClickUp & Slack, GitHub
Perks and Benefits
- Excellent starting salary - £45-55k (depending on experience)
- Flexible working hours & remote working options
- 33 days holiday per year including bank holidays
- An extra day off on your birthday and spin of our very own birthday wheel of fortune
- Dedicated time to learn new skills every Friday afternoon
- Become part of a small growing team delivering new Apps and solutions to our customers
- Team meals and social events
- Company pension scheme
- On-site parking
- Unlimited tea & coffee
If you're interested in joining the team, please apply now!
A day off on your birthday.
Annual training budget to help develop you further.
Annual free membership to Spotify Premium.
Eye Care Vouchers
Annual eye test vouchers.
£30 towards headphones of your choice.
Enrollment in our company pension scheme.