Senior Android Mobile App Developer - Leicester
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Swipe & Tap is a mobile app development company based in Leicester. We specialise in creating bespoke mobile applications to help business
improve productivity and to save time and money. Our goal is to become a leading app development company in the UK.
Our mission is to build great mobile app solutions for our customers to help improve processes or extend customers brand awareness.
We are looking for a Senior Android App Developer who has experience in native Android App Development, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of apps aimed at a range of devices and business areas.
Our core business works on delivering mobile apps for our clients, along with working on our own products.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about mobile apps and want to contribute their skills and experience to helping us improve further.
Previous experience in a commercial environment would be beneficial.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android Platform
- Write efficient Java / Kotlin code to a high standard.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Ensure your work is thoroughly tested.
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure the client’s requirements are met.
- ontribute to project planning and estimates
- Monitor progress of work items, and take appropriate action to stay on schedule.
- Help support client AdHoc Support requests.
- Create project plans and work items based on designs.
- Help maintain code quality.
- Provide mentoring to junior staff.
- Assist with App Store Deployment and test builds.
- Attend meetings with clients as and when required.
- Maintain and develop in-house projects as needs are identified.
- Three years experience minimum
- Android Studio experience with a knowledge of Java and the Android SDK
- Java, Android SDK, Material Design
- Experience with Mobile App frameworks such as Realm.io, ButterKnife
- Knowledge of other technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of Google’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with one or more programming languages
- JSON Experience and working with Rest API Integrations
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Working in a team
- Self motivated and ability to make decisions
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to achieve deadlines and work independently
- Problem solving with a desire to continue to develop technology skills
- Good communication skills and team working capability
- Positive and logical approach together with willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality.
- Desire to create the best apps
Perks and Benefits
- A relaxed office environment
- A day off on your birthday
- Annual training and self development budget
- Spotify Premium
If you're interested in joining the team, please apply now!
A day off on your birthday.
Annual training budget to help develop you further.
Annual free membership to Spotify Premium.
Eye Care Vouchers
Annual eye test vouchers.
£30 towards headphones of your choice.
Enrollment in our company pension scheme.
Access to employee benefits and rewards via Perkbox.